Low Carb Lemon Poppy Souffle
These Low Carb Lemon Poppy Souffle are light and moist, perfect for dessert! An interesting twist on this recipe is combining poppy seeds with a hint of lemon.
- 1 Cup Almond-Milk Ricotta
- 2 Large Eggs, Separated
- 1/4 Cup Erythritol
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Poppy Seeds
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 375F and separate 2 eggs into 2 mixing bowls. Beat the egg whites until they’re foamy, then add in 2 tbsp. of erythritol and beat until shiny and stiff peaks form.
- In the other mixing bowl, cream together the egg yolks, ricotta cheese and the other 2 tbsp. of erythritol. Into the egg yolk ricotta bowl, add the zest and juice of half a lemon. Then, add the vanilla extract and poppy seeds. Mix well to combine. Fold the egg whites into the egg yolks half at a time, stirring gently.
- Grease 4 ramekins and add your soufflé batter into each one. Gently shake and tap the ramekins to flatten out the tops of the soufflés. Bake for about 20 minutes. The soufflé tops should be set but still move.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://lowcarbinc.com/