Low Carb Pumpkin Crème Brûlée
Pumpkin Creme Brulee will bring out the pumpkin fan within you. Everyone can't resist a rich pumpkin custard base hides beneath a hard shell of caramelized brown sugar. It's low carb and keto diet friendly.
- 2 ½ Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Egg Yolks
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 6 Tablespoon Monkfruit Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice Or Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a medium heat proof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and monkfruit sugar until creamy, and set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring the 2 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently.
- Slowly pour the heavy cream into the egg mixture, stirring the whole time.
- Then, place the bowl over a medium pot filled ¼ of the way with boiling water. Or, if you have a double boiler, place the mixture into that instead.
- Continue to boil the water, and cook the mixture on top for about 4 minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, and add in the pumpkin, vanilla, spices, and salt.
- Pour about ¾ of a cup into 6 ramekins, and set them into a large baking pan.
- Fill the baking pan with boiling water until the water reached halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes. The creme brulee should be slightly firm and golden on top.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill.
- Set your oven to a high broil.
- Sprinkle monkfruit sugar over the top of each creme brulee, and place in the oven for a minute or two.
- I recommend keeping the oven door open and keep a close eye on it to prevent burning.
- Enjoy immediately!
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://lowcarbinc.com/
For More Great Recipes Like This One Visit Keto Size Me